Deadline: 15 January 2020
The International ‘Start Up Energy Transition’ (SET) initiative is inviting young and innovative companies around the world.
The award is an initiative of the German Energy Agency (dena) in cooperation with the World Energy Council. The event in Stockholm was organised in cooperation with the German-Swedish Chamber of Commerce and the Swedish Energy Agency (Energimyndigheten). In the current round, the award is supported by the partner country Sweden and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.
Applications can be submitted in five different categories:
- Renewable Energies & Materials,
- Digital Energy Systems,
- Energy Efficiency Solutions,
- Smart Mobility,
- Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7.
In each category, the three most promising applicants will be invited to pitch their ideas at the annual summit of the SET Global Innovation Platform, the SET Tech Festival, in Berlin on 24 March 2020.
Prizes & Criteria
- For all Participants: join the global platform of innovation leaders; see their views represented in the Energy Innovators Issues Monitor; Inform and influence policies that will boost innovation.
- For the #SET100 2020: the Top 100-ranked applicants will be featured in their annual publication which is circulated to investors, corporates and political stakeholders across the globe. The Top 100 also receive a free ticket to the SET Tech Festival 2020.
- For all Finalists: return-flight to Berlin, and accommodation for 2 representatives of the start-up to attend the Tech Festival; Pitch coaching; Meet-and-greet with high-level jury, Individual booth at Tech Festival; Live pitches at Tech Festival; Investor-matchmaking; Tickets to the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Content creation: interviews and branding in all communication material.
- Winners of each category: up to 10.000 Euros prize money; Participation on the winners’ panel at the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Profile of start-up celebrated across the World Energy Council’ s global energy network in 99 countries. In addition, start-ups will have the opportunity to attend the World Energy Leaders’ Summits.
- National and international companies that contribute to the success of the energy transition with their products can apply for the ‘Start Up Energy Transition Award’ (‘SET Award’).
- Applicants may only apply to one category. All subsequent applications to other categories will be disqualified. This also applies to the Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7.
- The start-up must not have been founded longer than ten years ago. In other words, the date of foundation cannot exceed 2009.
- The application, including any attached documents, must be in English.
- The start-up must be able to present a functioning prototype. In addition, the applicant must be able to present a legal framework, proof of concept or a client, and/or an industrial/corporate/institutional partner.
- The applicant must fill out the entire form. Partially completed applications will not be accepted.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via online given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.startup-energy-transition.com/set-award-2020-call-for-applications-for-top-innovators-in-the-energy-transition/