Deadline: 30 September 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2019 SingularityU APAC Global Impact Challenge to foster innovations and startups that positively impact the lives of people living in the APAC region, with an ability to scale and impact a billion people worldwide in 10 years.
- The winner of the SingularityU APAC Global Impact Challenge will win a seat to attend SU’s Global Startup Program free of charge.
- The GSP helps future-focused entrepreneurs transform radical ideas into tangible impact on a global scale. It’s a structured, immersive program offering startup-focused educational resources and world-class mentorship from SU’s faculty, staff, and industry experts—in a safe, nurturing environment. The program aims to scale startups into global businesses.
- The GSP brings together entrepreneurs from around the world for structured, immersive workshops and intensive fieldwork in multiple locations around the globe, as well as continued access to support and resources via a best-in-class connectivity platform.
- The GSP will start by helping to cultivate a new mindset and toolset to overcome the challenges of technological disruption. Next, the program will work with applicants to accelerate their time to product-market fit, transform their startup from an idea to a venture that can help a billion people (“billion-scale”), and connect applicants with a global community to catalyze results. In short, GSP is designed to help applicants create a 10x startup at a global level.
TTA Special Award
- Sponsored by Taiwan Tech Arena (TTA), four runner-up teams will be awarded the TTA Special Award.
- Recipients will gain qualification as a TTA member and can access to TTA’s facilities for 3 months. (Must be granted within 1 year after the January 1, 2020)
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen or resident of the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. The countries included in this GIC are: Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Vietnam.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Applicants venture is a fully formed entity in seed or scale-up stage and has at least 1-2 full-time co-founders.
- Applicants must be able to attend the entire Global Startup Program prize, beginning in Q1 2020.
Who Should Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
They look for people from all professional backgrounds, but will be really thrilled to find the following:
- SU mission alignment: Applicants have a startup in one of the global grand challenge (GGC) spaces.
- Team: Applicants startup has at least two full-time co-founders.
- Experience: Applicants have expertise in an exponential technology and/or a key GGC space.
- Time: Applicants venture is a fully formed entity, and is in the seed-stage or idea-stage.
- Traction: Applicants have demonstrated market traction (LOIs, purchase orders, validated trials, sales, etc.).
- Eagerness to learn: Applicants looking for a substantial shift in mindset and skillset, and are eager to globalize their startup and 10x their impact.
- Availability: Applicants available to travel to a global location for the Activate (three weeks) phase, and the SU campus in Santa Clara for the Accelerate (three weeks) phase.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Degree of solution’s relevance to the theme of the challenge
- The regional relevance in solving the challenge in the Asia Pacific region
- Feasibility, Viability and Coherence of implementing the idea
- Entrepreneurial and innovative potential, with a focus on technological novelty
- Applicant’s leadership experience and quality, profile, achievements, and potential
- Summary of accomplishments
- An abstract of the project idea
- A video URL of the project idea
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://su.org/gic/apac-2019/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.