Deadline: 30 September 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2019 SingularityU APAC Global Impact Challenge to foster innovations and startups that positively impact the lives of people living in the APAC region, with an ability to scale and impact a billion people worldwide in 10 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- The winner of the SingularityU APAC Global Impact Challenge will win a seat to attend SU’s Global Startup Program free of charge.
- The GSP helps future-focused entrepreneurs transform radical ideas into tangible impact on a global scale. It’s a structured, immersive program offering startup-focused educational resources and world-class mentorship from SU’s faculty, staff, and industry experts—in a safe, nurturing environment. The program aims to scale startups into global businesses.
- The GSP brings together entrepreneurs from around the world for structured, immersive workshops and intensive fieldwork in multiple locations around the globe, as well as continued access to support and resources via a best-in-class connectivity platform.
- The GSP will start by helping to cultivate a new mindset and toolset to overcome the challenges of technological disruption. Next, the program will work with applicants to accelerate their time to product-market fit, transform their startup from an idea to a venture that can help a billion people (“billion-scale”), and connect applicants with a global community to catalyze results. In short, GSP is designed to help applicants create a 10x startup at a global level.
TTA Special Award
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Sponsored by Taiwan Tech Arena (TTA), four runner-up teams will be awarded the TTA Special Award.
- Recipients will gain qualification as a TTA member and can access to TTA’s facilities for 3 months. (Must be granted within 1 year after the January 1, 2020)
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Applicants must be a citizen or resident of the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. The countries included in this GIC are: Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Vietnam.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Applicants venture is a fully formed entity in seed or scale-up stage and has at least 1-2 full-time co-founders.
- Applicants must be able to attend the entire Global Startup Program prize, beginning in Q1 2020.
Who Should Apply
They look for people from all professional backgrounds, but will be really thrilled to find the following:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- SU mission alignment: Applicants have a startup in one of the global grand challenge (GGC) spaces.
- Team: Applicants startup has at least two full-time co-founders.
- Experience: Applicants have expertise in an exponential technology and/or a key GGC space.
- Time: Applicants venture is a fully formed entity, and is in the seed-stage or idea-stage.
- Traction: Applicants have demonstrated market traction (LOIs, purchase orders, validated trials, sales, etc.).
- Eagerness to learn: Applicants looking for a substantial shift in mindset and skillset, and are eager to globalize their startup and 10x their impact.
- Availability: Applicants available to travel to a global location for the Activate (three weeks) phase, and the SU campus in Santa Clara for the Accelerate (three weeks) phase.
- Degree of solution’s relevance to the theme of the challenge
- The regional relevance in solving the challenge in the Asia Pacific region
- Feasibility, Viability and Coherence of implementing the idea
- Entrepreneurial and innovative potential, with a focus on technological novelty
- Applicant’s leadership experience and quality, profile, achievements, and potential
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Summary of accomplishments
- An abstract of the project idea
- A video URL of the project idea
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://su.org/gic/apac-2019/