Deadline: 4 March 2020
The Evens Foundation invites nominations for the 2020 Evens Journalism Prize for Geopolitics.
For its 2020 edition, the Evens Journalism Prize for Geopolitics will focus on contemporary dynamics in the European region, its power plays, geographical characteristics and recent history.
The prize aims at honouring journalists, reporters, and organisations that through their work favour the decipherment of Europe, offering their precise knowledge pertaining European strategic internal and external relations, historical legacies, collective identity construction in an existing context of divisions, reunifications and discord.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The ideal laureate/s should engage with crucial topics as:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- European border;
- Political domestic tensions in Eastern;
- Central and Southeast Europe;
- External European relations through Eurasian lenses.
Candidates’ production should offer a peculiar analysis of current challenges facing the region and new prospective in geopolitical scenarios whilst probing the historical and cultural perspectives and operational conduct of the EU on both political and administrative levels.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The Evens Journalism Prize carries an award of €15.000 for established journalists who have outstandingly contributed to making Europe more comprehensive and accessible to a broad audience.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The laureates must be European professionals (working and living in the EU) who have a remarkable record in reporting and/or commenting on Europe.
- The Foundation invites journalists, scholars, editors, publishers, journalism-related associations and organisations to nominate candidates as well as all professionals working on interpreting the everchanging European journalistic field.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Candidates for the Evens Journalism Prize must have a remarkable track record in covering the complexities of the European region and should adhere to the highest journalistic principles.
- In 2020, the award will recognise a recipient who is from the European Union and whose work focuses on geopolitical affairs.
- Both individual journalists and journalism organisations are eligible for the award.
- A nominee’s body of work may be in traditional forms of print or broadcast journalism but also in different forms such as digital journalism and multimedia journalism.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Nominations must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, visit https://evensfoundation.be/prizes/european-journalism/the-evens-journalism-prize-geopolitics-2020