Deadline: 30 November 2018
The competition is a part of the SECURE Himalaya project, a project led by the Government of India in partnership with United Nations Development Programme, and with support from the Global Environment Facility. The project aims to ensure conservation of biodiversity, land and forest resources in the high-altitude Himalaya, while enhancing the lives and livelihoods of local communities.
The eight finalists will be awarded a cash prize by the Hon’ble Minister, Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change on the occasion of the International Mountain Day, 11 December 2018.
Best practices in conservation, livelihoods, capacity building, and awareness in high-range Himalaya.
UNDP India Inviting applicants to send their entries in the following categories:
- Conservation and/or Human-Wildlife Conflict
- Individuals and institutions working for the conservation, management and restoration of wildlife and/or ecosystems for the last 5 years shall be eligible to apply for this award.
- Creating and Enhancing Sustainable Livelihoods
- Individuals and institutions recognized for their endeavors to create and enhance sustainable livelihoods in the last 5 years shall be eligible for this award.
- Capacity Building and Generating Awareness
- Open category: Applicant’s contribution to high-range snow leopard ecosystems in the Himalayas (e.g., illegal wildlife trade, climate change adaptation, or any other category).
- This category is aimed at appreciating exemplary work in high-range snow leopard ecosystems through innovative mechanisms. This category is not limited to any thematic area and is open to all kinds of contributions that create sustainable solutions for the high-altitude Himalaya. This can range from—but is not limited to—curbing illegal wildlife trade, climate change adaptation and other such areas.
There will be four awards in each category, a first and second prize for both individuals and institutions.
- First Prize – INR 1,00,000/-
- Second Prize – INR 50,000/-
How to Apply
- Applications may be submitted directly by the individual or institution or, with prior informed consent, by a supporting organization, or by any third party that is familiar with the activities and achievements of the applicant.
- Awards will be given to the individual or institution alone.
- Applications should be submitted in English.
- Please download, fill and submit the application form via given website.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2OEeBi9