Deadline: 12 November 2019
The Wellcome Trust is seeking applications for its Investigator Awards in Science to enable independent researchers with a compelling research vision to tackle the most important questions in science.
- Investigator Awards provide flexible funding of up to around £3 million. Awards can last up to 7 years.
- The support includes:
- Research Expenses
- Staff basic salary
- Materials and consumables
- Access charges
- Research management and support costs
- Travel and subsistence
- Overseas allowances
- Fieldwork expenses
- Inflation allowance
- Open access charges
- Clinical research costs
- International recruitment supplement
- Research Expenses
- Applicants must be based at an eligible host organisation in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country apart from India.
- Applcants can apply for an Investigator Award if they are an independent researcher with a compelling research vision who wants to tackle the most important questions in their field.
- These awards are also open to joint applications from two researchers whose complementary expertise is essential to deliver their shared vision.
- Applicants should have a permanent, open-ended or long-term rolling contract, or the guarantee of one. Their salary must be paid by their host organisation.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker via given website.
Eligible Countries : UK, Republic of Ireland, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China (People’s Republic of), Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea,Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/schemes/investigator-awards-science