Nominations are now open for the 2020 Equals in Tech Awards aimed at helping girls and women to gain equal internet access, digital skills and opportunities in the tech industry.
Equals is looking for innovative initiatives and projects promoting gender equality online and in the tech sector. Eligible initiatives and projects should:
- Reach girls and women in an impactful way;
- Have the potential to scale or be replicated once reconfigured/adapted to other contexts;
- Be innovative;
- Work in collaboration with partners.
- Individuals and organizations can nominate their own initiatives or those of others for an award in the following categories:
- Access: Initiatives related to improving women’s and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
- Skills: Initiatives that support development of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
- Leadership (in two subcategories):
- Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
- Initiatives promoting women’s leadership in technology SMEs
- Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields.
The call for nominations is open to all individuals and organizations, regardless of their languages and nationalities, who wish to submit projects aimed at advancing gender equality using ICTs. However, they respectfully request that your nomination form should be submitted in English.
For more information, visit https://www.equals.org/awards