The International Federation of Biosafety Associations (IFBA) is accepting Nominations for Biosafety Heroes Program.
The IFBA has created a Biosafety Heroes program to identify and celebrate extraordinary individuals who make significant contributions to help others in the field of biosafety and biosecurity.
IFBA Biosafety Heroes are exceptional and inspiring individuals honored by the global biosafety community as having made a difference for the better. Biosafety Heroes serve as role models, showing others that each individual is important and can contribute to the global fight against infectious diseases.
- Nominations can be made by anyone. They should be emailed to the International Federation of Biosafety Associations.
- Nominations are welcome at any time. Once received they will be considered for at least one year.
- Nominees are selected on their uniqueness, the specific accomplishments they have achieved that are truly remarkable, and the impact their work has had on others.
- Preference is given to individuals who
- operate in an environment where biosafety/biosecurity funds are limited, and/or where the importance of biosafety and biosecurity is not fully appreciated.
- have not yet been recognized with other biosafety or biosecurity awards.
- Nominations are welcome for people at all stages in their careers.
For more information, visit https://internationalbiosafety.org/program-activities/biosafety-heroes/