The Wellcome Trust is seeking proposals for its Investigator Awards in Science to enable independent researchers with a compelling research vision to tackle the most important questions in science.
- Investigator Awards provide flexible funding of up to around £3 million.
- Awards can last up to 7 years.
Investigator Awards provide flexible funding of up to around £3 million. Awards can last up to 7 years.
- materials and consumables
- access charges
- travel and subsistence
- overseas allowances
- fieldwork expenses
- inflation allowance
- open-access charges
- clinical research costs
- international recruitment supplement
- You must be based at an eligible host organization in the UK, Republic of Ireland, or a low- or middle-income country apart from India or mainland China.
- You can apply for an Investigator Award if you’re an independent researcher with a compelling research vision who wants to tackle the most important questions in your field.
- These awards are also open to joint applications from two researchers whose complementary expertise is essential to deliver their shared vision.
- You should have a permanent, open-ended or long-term rolling contract, or the guarantee of one. Your salary must be paid by your host organization.
For more information, visit https://wellcome.ac.uk/grant-funding/schemes/investigator-awards-science