Deadline: 3 June 2019
SA Innovation Summit has announced the Pitching Den competition 2019 with an aim to promote and develop the entrepreneurial creativity of startups, able and willing to disrupt the status-quo, to showcase their ground-breaking products or services, to gain visibility across government officials, local, regional and international investors and industry titans, and to secure financial and business support in the stages of scaling and growth.
In 2019 Pitching Den invites high-growth early-stage startups from all over the world to pitch their innovative business solutions to a well-rounded panel of venture capitalists, angel investors and business development experts, and to compete for investment, maximum media exposure and networking opportunities with enablers and sponsors.
Business solutions belonging to one of the following tracks are encouraged (not exclusive):
- Bio & Health (Life Sciences, Pharma, Health, Biotech, Medtech, e-Health)
- Informative Tech (Digital, High Tech, Fintech, Robotics & IoT, Edutech & Entertainment, B2C and B2B solutions, Big data enabling Solutions, Smart Factory and Industry 4.0)
- Global Impact (Cleantech (Energy, Air, Water), Design Environment, Social Impact, Transport & Mobility, Smart Cities, Materials & processes)
- Industry 4.0
- Social Entrepreneurship
The Competition is open to all early- and later stage high-potential startup companies, private or publicly held, who meet the following criteria:
- a start-up with a turnover of up to ZAR 100 million;
- the model is an original idea with unique IP of technological solutions;
- the company demonstrates high growth potential, scalability, and/or has national or international expansion plans with a high level of commitment by shareholders and management team;
- close to achieving break-even or profitability.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://innovationsummit.co.za/pitching-den/