Are you among the young entrepreneurs across Africa finding ways to create sustainable solutions to some of the biggest problems faced by their communities? Are you trying to grow a small business? If yes, then you can apply for 2021 Anzisha Prize.
This is the Africa’s biggest award for her youngest entrepreneurs aged 15 – 22 years, and hands out over USD $100,000 every year in prize money to entrepreneurs from all over the continent.
- Monetary Reward of a shared amount of $100,000;
- $2,000 access to a world- renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance;
- $2,500 worth of support from consulting and mentorship services;
- $2,000 worth of fees for Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support;
- $1,000 worth of access to Regional Indabas across the continent.
To be selected as one of the Anzisha Fellows, you must demonstrate two important qualities:
- You are the leader of your venture and you drive both venture strategy and operations.
- You spend at least 20 hours a week (or more) on your business and plan to continue to do so after selection.
- Applicant must be between 15 and 22 years old. Applicant should be born after November 1, 1998 or before October 31, 2004 to be considered.
- Applicant must have an ID document or Passport to present as evidence.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 cofounders who started a business together).
- Applicant must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Applicants business must be up and running.
- The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – applicant must have already started, and be able to prove it!
- Applicants have time to get started now and have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Applicant business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.).
- Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
For more information, visit https://anzishaprize.org/apply/