Because International is seeking applications for the 2021 Social Innovation Competition – an opportunity for entrepreneurs to develop their idea and connect with an entrepreneurial network.
The competition’s goal is “to provide aspiring entrepreneurs with tangible resources that turn their ideas into a reality in ways that make a positive difference in the world.”
They are looking for innovative people (also students) to submit an idea for a product that helps solve a social challenge in the world. Once submitted, participants are eligible for a chance to win seed money ($1,000) and a spot in Because International’s Pursuit Incubator!
Also, even if the ideas are in the brainstorming phase, we encourage people to apply. They’re even accepting applications where the designs are drawn on the back of a napkin and turned in– the stage you’re in matters less than the idea. The point is we want this to be a low-effort and low-cost experience for those innovators just willing to test out some of their ideas in this space!
About Social Innovation Competitions
Impaction partners with organizations interested in developing competitive funding and mentorship opportunities for students and business professionals in their community. The Social Innovation Competition’s goal is to provide aspiring entrepreneurs with tangible resources that turn their ideas into a reality in ways that make a positive difference in the world.
- Entrepreneurs compete for a chance to win $1,000 in seed money to start their social venture and to earn a spot in Because International’s Pursuit Incubator.
What do I need to apply for the competition?
- Simply an idea. This of a product that can aim to solve a social challenge. Draw up a quick design of the product and apply to the competition!
Do I need a prototype to apply?
- Because International is different from other competitions in that they do not require you to create a physical product to win. You can draw a quick sketch on the back of a napkin, take a picture, and submit it! It will take you 10 minutes tops but it’s worth a shot!
- Anyone of any age from anywhere is encouraged to apply to this competition.
How to Apply
- Design a Product that solves a Social Challenge;
- Apply to the Competition;
- Connect with Social Entrepreneurs and Innovators.
For more information, visit https://www.socialinnovationcompetition.com/