The SEED Starter is inviting applications from teams (2 to 5 members per team) who develop green and inclusive business solutions to key social and environmental challenges in Uganda. Selected teams will receive support on turning their business idea into reality.
The SEED Starter promotes the incubation of new eco-inclusive enterprises. Setting up a business is both an exciting and challenging task. Turning an idea into a product or service customers actually want to buy requires not only a deep-dive into the market but also business skills and bringing together the right team and partners. Considering all aspects can be challenging.
Therefore, SEED supports young teams of entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas through the SEED Starter programme. Enterprise Uganda, a renowned business development institution, will be implementing this programme on behalf of SEED in Uganda.
Why Should you Apply?
Selected teams will…
- Receive a free entry for the business model DESIGN (3 days) & REFINE (2 days) workshops
- Access expert guidance & tailored support to turn your business idea into a reality
- Apply the SEED Starter Toolkit that contains different business tools and step-by-step guidelines to develop your business idea
- Benefit from free mentorship support during the TEST phase to try out your business idea
- Network and share peer-learning opportunity with likeminded entrepreneurs
- Be eligible to apply for a SEED Grant after successfully completing the SEED Starter workshops
How Does it Work?
During the application period for the SEED Starter programme, future entrepreneurs with their team members (2 to 5 members per team) come up with a business idea to tackle main challenges in their country. During the SEED Starter programme, the selected teams will develop and refine their business ideas under the guidance of experts.
- Gather your team (2 to 5 members) and come up with your idea through initial interviews and team discussions.
- Design – Workshop 1 (3 Days)
- Develop your idea further in a workshop with all selected teams, looking at all key aspects of enterprise planning.
- Testing Phase (4 to 6 weeks)
- Take your idea to potential customers and partners to get their feedback and explore your market.
- Refine – Workshop 2 (2 Days)
- Use Results from Testing to refine your business model and prepare for roll-out during a second workshop.
- Present your idea and begin selling your first products and/or services, keeping SEED team in the loop with progress updates!
The workshops will take place in Kampala, Uganda.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3iyEf7f