The Entrepreneurship Campus is inviting innovative ideas for the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition to create a culture for entrepreneurship, to promote entrepreneurial education, engage in a more peaceful world and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The Entrepreneurship Campus empowers social entrepreneurs, especially young people, from around the world to create a culture for entrepreneurship, to promote entrepreneurial education, and to engage in a more peaceful world. Participants are invited to submit their innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) is a part of the Entrepreneurship Campus and was initiated to empower entrepreneurs all around the world to create innovative answers to global and/or community challenges and to engage in a more peaceful and sustainable world.
The Entrepreneurship Campus prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort and therefore they will not act on complaints regarding:
- ‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’.
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you”.
- Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial.
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions.
Prizes and Recognition
- Entries will be posted on the competition website and are subject to online commenting and public voting. Ten finalists in Youth (idea & project) and Adult (idea & project) categories will be determined according to votes and the Personal Activity Indicator algorithm.
- Finalists are requested to submit a video of their idea/project if they have not done so yet. The video can be a maximum of 3 minutes long, longer videos cannot be considered!
- From among the finalists, the judges will make the final selection of three winners (Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, and 3rd Prize) in each category. Entries will be evaluated based on their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, and sustainability, among other factors. The People’s Choice is awarded to the participant with the most votes, across both categories. They are automatically among the finalists.
- Grand Prize winners will receive a virtual Gold Badge and a Certificate.
- Second Prize winners will receive a virtual Silver Badge and a Certificate.
- Third Prize winners will receive a virtual Bronze Badge and a Certificate.
- People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a virtual Gold Badge and a Certificate.
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive an Honorable Mention Badge.
- Grand Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize, and People’s Choice were made public at the virtual Announcement Ceremony on 10 December 2022.
- Anyone who is 13 years old and over with an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and everyone from 13 years up who is operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program.
- Anyone who is able to submit their entry in English.
- Depending on your age, you either take part in the Youth (13 – 29 years old) or the Adult (from 30 years up) category.
For more information, visit https://www.entrepreneurship-campus.org/?gclid=CjwKCAjwopWSBhB6EiwAjxmqDRQ9aJ5e7vrGyt8yz3pYd9AiH4J_IoiNL7czgFBwuynlWQ–ZkJBiRoCBXYQAvD_BwE