The Because International is seeking applications for its Pursuit Incubator Program which is designed to help entrepreneurs take their innovative products to the next level.
The Pursuit Incubator was created for early to middle stage entrepreneurs that have product related ideas. Although the Because have helped entrepreneurs with a range of ideas and at different stages, best positioned to work with those who have ideas for physical products and have a prototype that has proven market attractiveness.
The program has four primary components.
- A 10-week, online curriculum covers topics common to startups and illustrated by Because International’s experience with own social enterprise startup, The Shoe That Grows.
- At the beginning of the 10-week cohort, each entrepreneur is matched with an experienced CEO Advisor who will mentor them during the program and beyond.
- Entrepreneurs network with members of their cohort, alumni of the Pursuit Incubator and the Pursuit Advisor Network—a group of subject matter experts with connections worldwide.
2021 Cohort Details
- The Pursuit Incubator is designed for an entrepreneur who is in the early to middle stages of product development. The program is uniquely focused on overcoming the challenges to developing affordable manufactured products which have proven market attractiveness and are ready to aim for production at scale. This training will be beneficial for both entrepreneurs who are launching their first product, or those who are looking to add something to an existing line. The ten sessions cover the following concepts:
- Fully understanding the problem
- Stages of product design and development
- Launching a business
- Creating a financial plan
- Developing a marketing and sales plan
- Setting and achieving growth goals
- Upon completion, entrepreneurs will have a written Pursuit Plan, a polished pitch ready to share with potential investors, progress towards or completion of a next level goal and an opportunity to participate in an annual pitch competition.
- Anyone with a socially innovative product is encouraged to apply.
- The Because International does not work with entrepreneurs in restaurant, entertainment, education, software, food or service industries.
For more information, visit https://becauseinternational.org/pursuit