The Accelerator follows a 90-day curriculum-based instructional and consensus milestone approach, with 6 additional months of support.
A 2% – 3% warrant is taken in each company accepted into the program, for 3-5 years depending on TRL.
- They are focused on industries and adjacencies in the Blue Economy, where Braid Theory has been a long established leader and expert, with a proven track record of success with startups and scale-ups, and can provide exceptional value, domain expertise, and connections to industry.
- Braid Theory concentrates on 3 key areas for success, and teams should be prepared to focus on these 3 areas when accepted into the program:
- Strong and defensible IP,
- Business model and
- Product-market fit
- Startups will work with a team of advisors and instructors on reaching milestones, to accelerate business growth, that puts teams on a path to commercialization, and work with partners to find a path forward for your solution, including pilot project and partnership opportunities.
- Access to the unique waterfront facility, located at the AltaSea at the Port of Los Angeles campus, which includes access to the waterfront, test-beds and platforms for ocean observing and robotics, and a Coworking Space.
- Access to the MOANA Angel Network in Blue Economy, and other connections to seed and venture capital, and other funding including grants, and other sources of undiluted capital.
- Package of services valued at over $250k, including use of waterfront space and instruments, legal services package, perks and program support.
- Tech and science founders from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as first-time founders! Startups may be selected from university teams conducting research or seeking a commercialization pathway for their discoveries and ideas
- Startups should be working on key scientific or engineering discoveries and applications, or technologies enabling those use-cases, solving real world problems. Startups should be at TRL 3-7
- Teams should have at least one PI (Principal Investigator) co-founder, one EL (Entrepreneurial Lead) co-founder; two founders are required. Teams do not have to be located in the US to apply; however, at least one team member should be prepared to travel to LA to participate and implement any pilots.
- Looking for companies:
- in Aquaculture, Food Safety, Surfing, Water Quality, Fishing, Food Science, Clean Energy, Sustainable Foods, Marine, Maritime Transport, Maritime Shipping, Maritime Logistics, Ocean Ecology, Ocean Pollution, Maritime Energy, BlueTech, Water Plant Designs, Water Efficient Products, Cold Chain Monitoring, Cold Chain Logistics
- located in Detroit (United States), Houston (United States), Los Angeles (United States), New Orleans (United States), Sacramento (United States), Africa, Asia, Australia/NZ, Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Europe, Middle East, North America, South America
- idea, prototype, users or paying users stage
- Angel, Pre-seed or Seed
- have raised funding or not
- currently raising or not raising funds
- have revenue or not
For more information, visit Braid Theory.