The U.S. Overseas Cooperative Development Council (OCDC) is seeking nominations for the International Cooperative Innovation Award to identify, recognize, and celebrate those international cooperative development innovators who continue to advance co-ops as a grassroots, sustainable business model for developing economies.
- Innovation: Promotes and puts into action new ideas for improving the cooperative business model and cooperative development methodology.
- Sustainability: Contributes to innovative and financially sustainable cooperative activities that significantly benefit co-op members. Achieves identifiable and lasting changes to improve and promote cooperatives.
- Co-op advancement: Inspires and persuades others to action in advancing the cooperative system.
- Leadership: Shows leadership, personal commitment, and vision for implementing cooperative practices locally, regionally, nationally, or internationally.
- New Practices: Adapts traditional practices used in non-traditional ways to improve performance for members, raise the profile of cooperatives, or champion the most vulnerable.
For more information, visit https://ocdc.coop/international-cooperative-innovation-award/