The Techstars Accelerator Program is now open for applications.
Techstars and Audi Denkwerkstatt, the innovation unit of Audi, have partnered together to bring a new offering for ambitious founders in support of building a customer-centric digital ecosystem centered around the car: The Founder Innovation Lab.
The goal of the program is to support and nurture founders as well as startups while getting digital, mobility-related business models ready for the market more quickly in a highly competitive environment. Founders will have the opportunity to address the charging experience for electric cars, holistic mobility concepts, connecting users with each other as well as digital services both inside and outside the vehicle.
Techstars accelerators have one goal: to help entrepreneurs succeed. During each three-month program, we surround companies with the best mentors and an unrivaled network of corporate partners, investors, and alumni. We provide funding and fundraising opportunities, workshops and curated resources, not to mention countless moments where you can learn from your peers. It’s a proven model that’s helped build thousands of successful companies, all over the world.
The Founder Innovation Lab will provide profound venture building expertise, as well as opportunities to connect with a powerful partner network of mentors, founders and investors.
- Techstars provides accelerator portfolio companies with access to financial, human, and intellectual capital to fuel the success of their business.
- Techstars contributes $20,000, which is commonly used as a stipend to support living expenses during the program, and in return receives 6% equity of the company (on a fully diluted basis, issued as common stock) until the company raises a priced equity financing of US $250,000 or more (a “Qualified Financing”). However, if a company conducts a Network Launch using distributed ledger technology (i.e. a blockchain initial coin offering, token event, etc.), then Techstars will also receive 6% of the Token Reserve (i.e. the tokens “held back” for the founders and the company at Network Launch).
- Additionally, upon acceptance to a Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator, every company is offered an optional $100,000 convertible note.
- Access to Techstars resources for life;
- Acceleration in a 90-day Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator program with personal mentorship and office space;
- Lifetime access to the Techstars worldwide network of entrepreneurs, including more than 10,000 mentors, 10,000 investors, 1,600 alumni companies, and over 200 staff members;
- Access to over $400k of cash equivalent hosting, accounting, and legal support—plus other credits and perks worth more than $5M;
- Demo Day exposure and other investor connections.
- Techstars funds all types of startups, working in all verticals, using any type of business models. Do keep in mind, however, that the focus is on startups rather than small businesses.
- Techstars wants to be viewed as a co-founder. They don’t want any special or controlling interests in your company. They won’t ask for a board seat or for any uncommon investor rights. You will still run the show.
- The primary language that they use in verbal and written communications during all accelerator programs—in every country—is English.
- They provide financial support to organizations committed to increasing diversity in entrepreneurship.
For more information, visit https://www.techstars.com/accelerators/techstars-and-audi-mobility-accelerator