The Australian Government is seeking applications for Direct Aid Program (DAP) to support projects with a strong development focus that complement Australia’s broader aid program which contributes to sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction. DAP projects should promote a distinctive and positive image of Australia.
- There is no minimum amount that a single DAP project can receive but the maximum is AUD60,000 over the life of the project. Activities may run up to a maximum of two years.
- DAP activities should primarily be aimed at achieving practical and tangible outcomes of high development impact. DAP is able to fund activities that have a direct, practical and immediate impact, including capacity building programs in the areas of governance and human rights engagement. They will favourably consider projects:
- In the areas of community and/or rural development, education, gender equality, disabilities, youth, human rights, the environment, small-scale infrastructure, economic empowerment and ad hoc humanitarian relief.
- Where applicants and their communities make a contribution in labour, materials, transport or cash;
- Sporting activities
- That enhance educational and cultural exchanges and people-to-people links
- That are achievable and have sustainable outcomes
- Projects that provide educational or occupational/skills training
- DAP is available on a not-for-profit basis to individuals, community groups, NGOs and other entities engaged in development activities in countries that are eligible for official development assistance (ODA).
- They will generally NOT fund the following:
- Cash grants or micro-credit schemes or projects that involve the return of money
- Commercial ventures
- Purchase ofmajor assets, eg vehicles
- Australian or overseas study tours
- International travel
- Sponsorship of major sporting tournaments or cultural displays that do not have a clear developmental benefit
- Staff salaries
- Routine, recurring running costs and administrative expenses including office rental and utility costs, spare parts, routine maintenance
For more information, visit https://dap.smartygrants.com.au/DAPIslamabad2022-23