As a Women’s Fund, Urgent Action Fund (UAF) Africa is committed to supporting the resilience and wellbeing of African women’s human rights defenders (AWHRDS) to think through and implement collective care and healing practices.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Fund is prioritizing collective care and healing as a direct and structured response to the collective distress that women and gender nonconforming communities face, which are caused by persistent forms of exclusion, violence and marginalization. The Fund’s support will go towards responding to the moment of crisis created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The impact of the pandemic on Africa is uncertain as it has created an unprecedented situation that constantly evolves. What is clear, however, is that state-sanctioned measures to curb the spread of the disease have had a disproportionate impact on the health and wellbeing of women and gender non-conforming communities. The pandemic is a multidimensional crisis that has had adverse effects on prevailing economic, health and social care systems.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The crisis has further resulted in the widening and deepening of existing socio-economic fault lines and inequalities for disadvantaged communities along the lines of gender, ethnicity, sexuality, class and other social divisions in society. Furthermore, it is in these gaps that communities face considerable lack of opportunities to access care a well as wellbeing support for themselves as individuals and communities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
UAF-Africa is committed to providing support towards collective care and healing in the following areas:
- Mental health, counselling and provision of emergency kits with a priority to women, transgender and gender non-conforming people and their families.
- Responses that promote the wellness, healing and community care initiatives in times of social distancing.
- Small scale studies/research, information gathering, and documentation (through film, art, reports, etc.) of the approaches of the African women’s movement to collective care, healing and resilience building work.
- Feminist, intersectional and virtual-based responses to the challenges facing women and gender non-conforming people as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 collective care and healing campaigns.
- COVID-19 awareness initiatives in local languages through community radio and other relevant platforms.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The Rapid Response Grants award up to $ 8000 to support the above mentioned work.
For more information, visit https://www.uaf-africa.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/PDF-COVID-19-PANDEMIC.pdf