Deadline: 14 May 2019
The Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) with ABC Heywire, is seeking applications for its Youth Innovation Grants to assist not-for-profit community-based organisations in rural, regional and remote Australia adopt and act on one of the seven innovative Heywire project ideas.
FRRR and their donor partners collaborate with ABC Heywire to help communities take action on the ideas generated by young Australians who attend the annual Heywire Regional Youth Summit.
In 2019, FRRR and their donor partners are again offering $100,000 in seed funding annually to help at least ten groups make these innovative ideas a reality.
- C.E.O. – Conquer Every Opportunity: How might we help young people start businesses?
- Walk & Talk: How might we encourage conversations about mental health in a safe and relaxed environment?
- Shed Happens: How might we help people understand what really happens on the farm?
- Bridge: How might we connect young people to services to feel like their issues are heard?
- Ask Away: How might we get people to ask questions of minority groups that they’re too afraid to ask?
- Adulting: How might we help young people adapt to life away from home?
- Our Place: How might we connect young people in rural communities?
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- All not-for-profit community based organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate.
- Please submit only one application per organisation.
- They’d prefer to receive one application per community – so ask around and see if applicants can work with other local groups.
- Councils are eligible to apply, although they would favour the application being led by / from the youth council or having strong evidence of youth support and engagement, or that applicants work with a youth organisation to create one strong application from their community.
- Schools are eligible to apply, although they would favour the application being led by / from the student council or having strong evidence of youth support and engagement.
- All applicants must have policies and procedures around working with children, Working with Children Checks, and the handling of child abuse complaints.
What can be funded?
- Funds will be available to implement or pilot one of the 2019 Heywire ideas.
- The projects can be adapted for applicant’s community, but must also do one of the following:
- Projects must be undertaken between September 2019 to September 2020.
- Projects must take place in regional Australia, as defined by ABC Heywire – they must be outside of Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
What cannot be funded?
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Groups that have overdue final reports with FRRR are not eligible.
- Business-as-usual operating costs and administration will not be funded.
- Applications from sporting organisations need to clearly demonstrate a charitable benefit to the wider community (e.g. that sport is only incidental to the wider purpose of the project).
- Projects that do not have any youth involvement.
- Projects that benefit a single individual, rather than a community.
- Projects that support private / commercial business (excepting not-for-profit social enterprise / local economic development projects, which are eligible).
- Federal, State and Local Government core business and areas of responsibility.
- Overseas travel and overseas projects.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit https://www.frrr.org.au/grants/Heywire-youth-innovation
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.