If you are a young African Entrepreneur trying to grow a small business or you’ve created something that provides you and your friends with an income, then they want your application.
Become a role model and inspire other young entrepreneurs to believe in the difference they can make in Africa, with the right support. Africa’s future lies in your hands and they want to celebrate your potential to grow your country’s economy and create jobs. Join Africa’s leading youth entrepreneurs to become an Anzisha Prize Fellows.
The Anzisha Prize is Africa’s biggest award for her youngest entrepreneurs aged 15 – 22 years, and hands out over USD $140,000 every year in business support and prize money to very young entrepreneurs from all over the continent
The fellowship is a three year program that celebrates and rewards business growth. During the course of the three years, the program will track the performance of the business and the entrepreneur. Businesses that show exemplary growth and initiative are rewarded with benefits and services such as short courses, cloud services and cash stipends.
At the end of the second year, entrepreneurs will pitch their businesses and successes for a chance to win their share of prizes to the value $140 000.
The Grand Prizes are split into 4 categories:
- The Job Creation Prize
- Revenue Growth Prize
- Storytelling Prize
- Integrating Systems and Processes Prize
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before September 1, 1998 or after August 31, 2006, will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/beneficiaries.
- The Anzisha Prize isn’t awarded for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! Get started now and ensure you have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started up the project together).
For more information, visit http://www.anzishaprize.org/apply