It provides funding to diverse range projects like skills training for activists, protest rallies, recycle camps for youth, a LGTB coming out book (where it’s still needed), demonstrations all over the continent, awareness rap collabo’s, refugee camp art projects, anti-fracking protests, politically charged debate nights, theater about societies taboos, student congresses etc.
The amount of the funding provided by Alert varies between € 250, – and maximum € 1.500. A higher amount is possible only in exceptional cases.
The fund supports projects that:
- Are organized for and by youth – young people between the ages of 15 and 32 years
- Contribute to fundamental societal changes, and to a fair, equal and just distribution of capital, knowledge or power, and/or equal, fair and just distribution of power, knowledge, capital and a environmentally and human friendly sound way of producing
- Are delineated, small-scale and once-only. Hence, Alert does not fund any structural costs. The total budget of a project shouldn’t be larger than 15,000 Euro. The contribution of Alert is up to 1,500 Euro.
Note: Applications from outside the Netherlands need a Dutch reference person, or a trusted reference in the country itself, for instance, a person who belongs to an internationally renowned NGO.
Alert does NOT support:
- Groups or organizations that are intolerant to other groups in society
- Activities that are harmful to human health and the environment
- Projects conceived or implemented by adults
- Travel expenses, when the journey is the main objective of the project
- Exchange projects, study trips, training courses
- Structural costs, like staff costs and/or rent. Expenses are reimbursed, only when they form a minimum part of the total budget
- Organizations that have been supported by Alert more than twice during the past five years
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on ‘Apply Anytime: Grants that are open throughout the Year.’ Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!