Deadline: 23 September 2016
The European Partnership for Alternative Approaches to Animal Testing (EPAA) is currently accepting applicants for its 2016 3Rs Science Prize with an aim to promote such positive contributions from industry or academia and to encourage more scientists in the future to focus their research on the 3Rs goals.
Scientists working on methods for safety and/or quality testing and applying the 3Rs (replacement, reduction or refinement of animal testing) to those methods may apply for this prize.
The winner will be awarded a 10,000€ prize.
- Scientists working on alternative methods (replacement, reduction or refinement of animal testing) for safety or potency/quality testing purposes may apply.
- Applicants should be based in Europe in one of the below mentioned countries.
- Applicants should have no more than 10 years of postgraduate experience.
- Applicants should be able to deliver a case study based on actual research (i.e. not a project on future research and no older than the last 5 years) where their personal commitment and implication is shown.
- Applicants may apply on behalf of a team, however the prize grant will then be split equally between research institutions of the members from the aforementioned team.
- Applicants should make sure they are available on December 5th (to present their work at the EPAA Annual Conference)
- Should no application get at least 160/240, the EPAA Steering Committee may decide not to grant the prize.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit required documents via email:
- CV with a list of publications
- Cover letter where the applicant should explain why his/her work is a meaningful contribution to 3Rs.
- A max. 2500 words case study where the applicant should introduce his/her work or the selected project for the application and its achievements/results. Pictures, illustrations and videos may also be attached to the case study if relevant. The case study should clearly define the regulatory endpoint targeted, the method implemented and the results obtained.
- Letter of support/endorsement from their current organisation/employer.
Eligible Countries: Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Monaco, Andorra, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Montenegro, Kosovo, Ukraine, Moldova and FYROM
For more information, please visit 3Rs Science Prize.