Deadline: 31 January 2019
The international ‘Start Up Energy Transition’ (SET) initiative is inviting young and innovative companies around the world.
The Start Up Energy Transition Award is an international competition for start-ups and young companies worldwide who are working on ideas affecting global energy transition and climate change. In just two years, the award has received roughly 1000 applications from 88 countries.
There are five different categories applicants can present their projects in, all with the aim of clean energy promotion. The three most promising start-ups in each category will pitch their business ideas at their annual summit – the SET Tech Festival – which brings their impressive network together on April 09, 2019.
In the third round of the SET Award, five categories that reflect the critical issues facing innovation needed for the energy transition globally have been identified which contribute significantly to sustainable development. How is applicants innovation responding to the global energy transition challenge?
- Low-Carbon Energy Production
- Intelligent Grids, Platforms and Cyber Security
- Energy Efficiency, Smart Devices and Storage
- Innovative Mobility
- Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7.
Prizes & Criteria
No matter how far applicant go into the SET process, applicant always benefit! From the possibility of showcasing applicants innovation at the World Energy Congress in Abu Dhabi, to joining energy leaders, partners and investors in Berlin, to connecting with the global platform of innovation leaders and the wider World Energy Council network and community of influencers, applicant won’t want to miss this opportunity.
- For all Participants: join the global platform of innovation leaders; see applicants views represented in the Energy Innovators Issues Monitor; Inform and influence policies that will boost innovation.
- For the #SET100 2019 (includes Finalist & Winners): the Top 100-ranked applicants will be offered the opportunity to participate and showcase at the 24th World Energy Congress 2019 in Abu Dhabi. Sponsored by the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, this incredible opportunity includes travel and accommodation expenses, and a showcase space for invitees.
- For all Finalists: return-flight to Berlin, and accommodation for 2 representatives of the start-up or innovation project to attend the Tech Festival; Pitch coaching; Meet-and-greet with high-level jury, Individual booth at Tech Festival; Live pitches at Tech Festival; Investor-matchmaking; Tickets to the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Content creation: interviews and branding in all communication material. In addition, start-ups will have the opportunity to attend the World Energy Leaders’ Summits.
- Winners of each category: up to 10.000 Euros prize money; Participation on the winners’ panel at the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Profile of start-up celebrated across the World Energy Council’ s global energy network in 99 countries.
- National and international companies that contribute to the success of the energy transition with their products can apply for the ‘Start Up Energy Transition Award’ (‘SET Award’).
- The company must have been founded no more than 10 years beforehand. The object of the application must be an already implemented project, manufactured product, or existing prototype. It is not possible to apply with just an idea for which no concrete steps have been taken. The founding of a company and the development of a business plan are not sufficient in and of themselves.
- Participation in other start-up initiatives or competitions is possible.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Start Up Energy Transition Award.