Deadline: 12 September 2016
The German Marshall Fund of the United States and the OCP Policy Center are seeking applications for its fifth edition of the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. Held under the theme “Changing Mental Maps: Strategies for an Atlantic in Transition,” this unique opportunity for rising leaders will take place from December 12-16, 2016, in Marrakesh, Morocco. The program will precede and include The Atlantic Dialogues.
The Atlantic Dialogues is a leading annual forum for decision-makers to discuss global issues and partnerships, with an emphasis on the Southern Atlantic and transatlantic relations beyond North-North lines. This high-level gathering is a unique opportunity for leaders from the four continents of the Atlantic to debate the changing dynamics across the wider basin and help shape the transatlantic agenda.
- The 2016 Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program combines policy workshops, creative thinking, professional leadership training, peer-to-peer learning, and opportunities for networking and exchange.
- The emerging leaders will then be invited to participate in The Atlantic Dialogues conference.
- The organizers will provide selected emerging leaders the opportunity to contribute to panels during The Atlantic Dialogues based on their expertise and experience in order to foster real intergenerational dialogue.
- For the selected applicants, the organizers will be pleased to cover hotel, meals, and local travel during the event.
- This call for applications is open to ascending leaders who have demonstrated leadership in their sector, are dedicated to strengthening ties across the Atlantic, have a desire to effect real and lasting change, and engage with and have an impact on the regional, transatlantic, and global agenda.
- The Emerging Leaders are chosen for their outstanding achievements as well as for their engagement on social and economic issues facing the Atlantic region.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 23 (inclusive) and 35 (inclusive) on the day that applications for the fellowship open, which is July 14, 2016.
- Candidates must be citizens of a participating country mentioned below and need to speak English proficiently. Candidates must be available for the full five days of programing.
How to Apply
- Applicants should send their current resume or CV in PDF format and a personal statement of no more than 250 words explaining the reasons for their application and how they will contribute to and benefit from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program.
- Applications must be submitted online via the given website.
- African Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- North America: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America (USA)
- Central America: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
- The Caribbean: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, The, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands
- European Union Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK
For more information, please visit Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program.