Deadline: 7 October 2016
The British Council is currently inviting applicants for its 2016 UK-Gulf Institutional Links Grants with an aim to establish links beyond the level of the individual researcher and innovation practitioner, opening up opportunities for sustainable, solution-oriented collaborations between research groups.
The Institutional Links Programme is designed to be flexible and responsive to in-country needs, allowing applicants to establish collaborations on specific areas linked to country priorities and development needs, and to bring in relevant private sector partners, including small- and medium enterprises (SMEs), technology transfer offices, and other not-for-profit organisations.
- Food and nutrition (including research on agricultural technology and crops; agri-food waste; nutrition and health; and food safety)
- Water (including research on water security; water management; groundwater; waste water; and desalination)
- Energy (including research on energy security; energy access; and renewable energy)
- Food-water-energy nexus
- Cyber security
Grants range from £50,000 to £400,000 for up to two years.
- Each proposal must have one Principal Applicant from the UK and one Principal Applicant from a maximum of two partner countries in the Gulf (mentioned below).
- Principal Applicants must be Leading Researchers or Established Researchers.
- Principal Applicants are limited to one Institutional Links application per call.
- Principal Applicants must be based at one of the following:
- A not-for-profit higher education institution with the capacity to undertake high quality research
- A UK higher education institution (all UK higher education institutions are eligible)
- A not-for-profit research organisation with the capacity to undertake high-quality research
- A Catapult Centre (in the case of the UK Principal Applicant)
- The Principal Applicants’ institutions (the ‘Lead Institutions’) must have the capacity to administer the grant.
- Individual departments within a single institution can make multiple applications per call provided that the proposed activities are clearly different and that each is led by separate Principal Applicants.
- Principal Applicants can apply for funding for the same activity in subsequent calls provided the project has not already been funded.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, UK.
For more information, please visit UK-Gulf Institutional Links Grants.