Deadline: 5 June 2017
Applications are open for the Humanitarian Water and Food Awards (WAFA) 2017, to promote outstanding individuals and organisations who are involved in the creation and application of a breakthrough sustainable project in water, air and/or food to apply for the WAF Awards.
WAF Award seeks and celebrates the Silent Heroes: those who overcome challenges and carry out extensive work to secure food, clean air, and water for vulnerable communities around the world.
The elected winners receive certifications, the WAF Awards trophy, a monetary prize, and exposure on WAFA media platforms, and in documentary productions.
The call for applications to the Humanitarian Water Air Food Awards is open to individuals, groups and organisations, operating anywhere in the world to develop and implement solutions that bring water, food and clean air to those in need.
- Innovation: The project introduces new or better technologies, models or practices into areas in need.
- Scalability: The initiative has potential to grow and provide bigger impact.
- Sustainability: The model is built on the pillars of economic and social development and protection of biodiversity.
- Replicability: The solution provides a learning model of sustainable practices that can be implemented in other communities.
- Empowerment: Your project creates new and better opportunities for the affected communities and will empower their members.
- Impact: The project has significant actual and potential environmental, economic and social impact, and has produced concrete results for at least 2 years.
How to Apply
Applicants must download and fill in the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit WAF Awards.