Deadline: 21 November 2016
The Smart Villages is seeking applicants for its West Africa Energy Off-Grid Challenge 2016 that seeks to find and support early stage off-grid energy entrepreneurs who are running businesses that generate or can be powered by off-grid energy.
This competition seeks to find and support early stage off-grid energy entrepreneurs. Bridges for Enterprise seeks to “bridge the gap,” helping entrepreneurs with an existing product or service get to the stage where they are ready for investment.
Examples of possible areas to consider include (but are not limited to):
- Businesses that generate and supply energy to off-grid communities
- Low-energy appliances, capable of running with little or no electricity
- Mobile-phone-based businesses
- Innovative methods of food processing or storage, enabled by off-grid energy
- Education and healthcare businesses made possible by off-grid energy
- This is a competitive process for identifying promising social businesses, primarily aimed at entrepreneurial skills development for the participants.
- The contest is open to motivated entrepreneurs, who are currently based in West Africa.
- The competition is divided into three phases: application, development and pitching.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, the island of Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sao Tome and Principe and Togo.
For more information, please visit Off-grid Energy Challenge.