Deadline: 6 January 2017
Applications are open for WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships 2017 for nature conservation with an aim to provide financial support to individuals who wish to pursue short-term professional training or formal studies that will help them contribute more effectively to conservation efforts in their country.
Each scholarship empowers a dedicated conservationist to build his or her capacity. In turn, these people are in a position to share the benefits of their knowledge and skills with others and so spread the benefits.
The Prince Bernhard Scholarships are:
- Enabling – help people be more effective to achieve conservation
- Developmental – nurture scholars to become conservation leaders
- Multiplying – inspire graduates to train others
The maximum amount for any one scholarship under this scheme is CHF 10,000. Only in exceptional circumstances will the maximum award be granted.
- Applicants must be nationals from Africa, Asia/Pacific, Latin America/Caribbean, Eastern Europe & Middle East will be considered including WWF staff or candidates working as partners with WWF.
- Applications are encouraged from people seeking to build skills in specific subjects that will enhance their contribution to nature conservation. In particular, women and people working for non-governmental or community-based organizations are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must provide written proof of acceptance on a course, and proof that they are also seeking funding from other sources.
- Preference is given where appropriate to those who seek support for studies in their country or region.
- Applications are encouraged from people seeking to build skills in specific subjects that will enhance their contribution to nature conservation.
- Preference is given to women and people working for non-governmental or community-based organizations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form available on the website.
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Asia/Pacific: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, China, Chile, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Niue, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, United States
- Latin America/Caribbean: Argentina, Bahamas, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guiana, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, HAiti, Honduras, Martinique, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthélemy, Uruguay, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Eastern Europe: Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovak Republic
- Middle East: Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
For more information, please visit WWF Prince Bernhard Scholarships.