Deadline: 31 August 2016
Applications are invited for 2016 International Assembly of Youth for UNESCO (Y4U) that aims to gather at least 300 members of UNESCO Clubs and youth organizations working on the ideals of UNESCO and provide an avenue for sharing of best practices, ideas and promote collaborations for the championing of SDGs in the grassroots.
UNESCO’s goal in the promotion of the SDGs is embedded in its mandate of “contributing to peace and security by promoting collaboration among the nations through education, science and culture in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms”. UNESCO’s main lines of work are innovative entry points for UNESCO clubs to both mainstream and connect the grassroots with the SDGs.
- Initiate discussions on the sustainable development goals intertwined with the national scenario
- Craft assembly resolutions that are specific for each of UNESCO’s main lines of work and are focused on realistic and measurable initiatives
- Provide avenue for sharing of best practices which organizations may emulate, innovate and/or adopt; as well as avenues for networking, academic and non-academic competitions, all towards improving camaraderie and social inclusion.
- International networking and benchmarking with youth-oriented organizations;
- Meeting experts relevant to SDGs;
- Getting your community development projects presented in an international conference.
- Leaders of youth action oriented or youth-led organizations anywhere in the world;
- Must be proficient in spoken English;
- Must be physically and mentally fit to join the conference;
- Have a deep interest and/or understanding on Sustainable Development Goals and UNESCO’s areas of work in education, science & technology, human & social sciences, culture, and information & communication;
- Available to participate in the entire conference during 20-23 September 2016 in Cebu Normal University, Cebu City, Philippines.
How to Apply
- Pre-registration is required before 31 August 2016 and form can be submitted via given website.
- Once the form is submitted, you will be directed to the official Facebook event page for conference updates;
- Please check your email for further instructions and requirements.
For more information, visit Youth for UNESCO.