Deadline: 31 August 2016
The cash prizes recognize and reward innovative work that can be shown to promote self-reliance among refugees and/or internally displaced people (IDPs), the hallmark of Ockenden International since its inception in 1951.
The winner will get a prize of worth $US100,000 and the two runners-up each will receive $US25,000.
The judges will look for:
- Initiatives that promote self-reliance among refugees and/or displaced people.
- Approaches that have proved to be highly effective in improving the lives of refugees and/or displaced people.
- Work which has been carried out in especially difficult circumstances.
- Share experience and learning about what works, leading to real change in the lives of refugees and displaced people.
- Measurable self-reliance/evidence of outcomes.
- Organisations with strong governance and financial management.
- Applicants must be registered as a charity with the appropriate national authority.
- Entrants can apply on their own organization’s behalf or nominate a non-profit partner or affiliated organization.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for the prize by filling up the entry form given on the website.
For more information, please visit Ockenden International Prize.