Deadline: 28 February 2017
The International Citizen Media Award 2017 intends to honor tremendous international work in the field of citizen media and its products in the categories Video and Audio which have been created by private, non-commercial producers under the topic “Cultural Heritage – The memory of our past, the key to our future.”
The award distinguishes the dedication of citizens of all countries, their audiovisual products and their reporting concerning locally, regionally, globally and socially relevant topics.
The aim of this year is to together share common cultural heritage and its potential for identification, participation and development. Three aspects shall be discussed in this context in particular: cultural diversity, demographic change and sustainability. Thereby the “European Year of Cultural Heritage” in particular will build on the fact that our common cultural heritage is always both: local and European as well as memory of our past and key to our future.
- Winner: 700 Euro prize money + trophy + certificate
- Runner-Up: 400 Euro prize money + trophy + certificate
- 3rd place: 200 Euro prize money + trophy + certificate
- Euro prize money + trophy + certificate
- Producers: single participants, groups, associations, civil initiatives, school classes and especially producers, actors and editorial teams in the field of citizen media work, resident in any location outside of Germany.
- Only one product per producer.
- Production period: between the 1st January 2016 and the 28th February 2017.
- Duration: No product should be longer than 20 minutes.
- Language: English.
Non-English Products in both the video and audio category must include an English transcript or, in case of a video product, English subtitles.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants must download the Application form and send it via email or by postal mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit International Citizen Media Award.