Deadline: 16 April 2018
Women Who Tech is on a mission to fund women-led startups. Why? Because only 1.9% of Venture Capital (VC) funding went to women-led startups in 2017. For women of color (WOC), the numbers are even more dismal: 0.2% get VC money. These barriers are crushing women’s economic power.
That is why Women Startup Challenge Podcast is open for cohosted by Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and more. Nearly 2,000 early-stage ventures (40% WOC) have applied to Women Startup Challenges.
- To Break Down Barriers and Get More Women Startups Funded
- To Mobilize a Network of Women Startups
- To Highlight that Women-Led Startups Have Big Exits
Six finalists will be selected to pitch their tech venture virtually on their podcast before prominent investors. Women Startup Challenge Podcast investor guest for this season is Adam Zuckerman, Director of Discovery Ventures. The grand prize winner will receive $5,000 as a cash grant for their startup.
- Applicants must be a tech startup with a product at the protoype stage or has already launched. No consulting firms.
- Applicants startup can be located anywhere around the world.
- The application and the pitch must be completed in English.
- Applicants startup must incorporate technology into the approach of their product, which allows the company to rapidly and massively scale in a manner that traditional, independent small businesses cannot. Please note that using tech (i.e. hosting a blog, selling products on their website, or using social media in their marketing) does not qualify as using tech to scale on a mass level nationally and globally.
- Applicants cannot have raised more than $2.2 million for the startup applicants are pitching.
- Applicants must be a woman-led startup (defined as at least having at least one woman Cofounder on the team). The woman Cofounder must be the person to pitch.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more Information, please visit Women Startup Challenge Podcast.