Deadline: 8 September 2017
Peace Revolution is seeking applications for its Third Pacific Self-Discovery Camp with an aim to promote individuals in the evolvement towards awareness and responsible handling of their personal, situational power.
The 3rd Pacific Self-Discovery Camp will bring together a group of young people from the Pacific countries of the Micronesia Region who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to discovering their own true self, and making this world a better place to live in. The Camp will incorporate workshops and lectures including:
- Youth empowerment
- Work-Life Balance
- Conflict Prevention & Resolution
- Peace Promotion
- Stress Management
- Bring together young leaders and activists from the countries of the Micronesia Region, provide a forum for networking and exchange of experiences by fostering mutual understanding, dialogue and cooperation throughout.
- To promote tools of nonviolent communication and peace building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- To develop and strengthen an active network of young peacebuilders that aims to boost creativity in peaceful development and activism in the region
- Support personal and professional development of participants.
- Provide the participants with the tools to inner peace and leadership skills through mindfulness, self-discipline, and compassion that helps strengthen their activism and place them in meaningful work.
- To explore meditation as a practice which can develop tools to deal with challenges within peace-building,youth work, and throughout life in general.
- To explore the idea that self-development is a core foundation of broader human development, and its resulting world benefit.
The Camp in Federated States of Micronesia includes
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare from your home country to FSM
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Candidates must be residents and nationalities from these countries or islands: Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau and Wake Island.
- Candidates must be between 18-32 years of age.
- Complete at least 14 days of the online self-development program by 29th September 2017.
- We suggest that if you have a limited internet connection, please download the meditation guide here and upload your answers when reaching internet: Episode 1-5, Episode 1: Day 1-3, Episode 1: Day 4-5, Episode 1: Day 6-8, Episode 1: Day 9-12, Episode 1: Day 13-15. Downloading the audio first makes it easier for you to complete your session without internet lag interruptions.
- Good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace, dialogue, and personal and collective development.
How to Apply
Interested applicant must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau and Wake Island.
For more information, please visit Third Pacific Self-Discovery Camp.