Deadline: 31 August 2016
UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office, launches a social media campaign #Science4Sustainability with a Photo Contest on the theme Science for Sustainable Future. The contest is open to nationals of all six UNESCO New Delhi Cluster countries, namely, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Launched in September 2015, The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development is a plan of action for the planet and a transformative vision for a better world. It aims to end all forms of poverty and recognizes that ending poverty must go hand-in-hand with strategies that build economic growth, while tackling climate change and environmental protection. Science will be essential to reach many of the goals of The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Sustainable solutions, whether at the global, regional or country level, require creativity, new advances in scientific knowledge, discoveries and innovations.
#Science4Sustainability is a social media campaign to promote science education and research to empower people to design the solutions they need. The campaign began on the World Environment Day, 5 June 2016 and will end on World Science Day, 10 November 2016.
- Science in everyday life
- Science for Peace and Development
- Biodiversity, Natural Heritage and Wildlife
- Water and Life
- Climate Change
The four winning entries will have the honor of being displayed at the UNESCO New Delhi office’s new premises in the diplomatic area, New Delhi.
- 1st Prize –US$ 500
- 2nd Prize –US$ 300
- 3rd Prize –US$ 200
- Special Prize – US$ 200 for the most popular photo on social media
- Originality: Use your imagination and create something unique and memorable
- Effectiveness: Ability of the Entry to effectively convey the message
- Quality: Composition and aesthetics of the photo submitted
- The contest is open to nationals of all six UNESCO New Delhi Cluster countries (mentioned below)
- Photos must be taken by the entrant himself or herself. Photos can be colour-corrected or have filters applied, but should not be digitally manipulated in terms of content and context.
- UNESCO staff and their family members are not eligible to participate in the photo contest.
How to Apply
- Photographs must be submitted under the chosen category(s), with your name and residing country along with a short description of the photo in not more than 30 words, latest by 31 August 2016. Please mail your entries to:
- To participate and win the special prize for the most popular photo on social media:
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/unesconewdelhi/ or follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/UNESCO_NDL
- Upload your photo on Facebook or twitter with the hashtag #Science4Sustainability #UNESCONewDelhi. Please make sure that the post is public. The photo with maximum likes and shares either on Facebook or with maximum retweets on twitter shall win this prize.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka
For more information, please visit UNESCO Photo Contest.