Deadline: 31 August 2016
UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office, launches a social media campaign #Science4Sustainability with a Photo Contest on the theme Science for Sustainable Future. The contest is open to nationals of all six UNESCO New Delhi Cluster countries, namely, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Launched in September 2015, The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development is a plan of action for the planet and a transformative vision for a better world. It aims to end all forms of poverty and recognizes that ending poverty must go hand-in-hand with strategies that build economic growth, while tackling climate change and environmental protection. Science will be essential to reach many of the goals of The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Sustainable solutions, whether at the global, regional or country level, require creativity, new advances in scientific knowledge, discoveries and innovations.
#Science4Sustainability is a social media campaign to promote science education and research to empower people to design the solutions they need. The campaign began on the World Environment Day, 5 June 2016 and will end on World Science Day, 10 November 2016.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Science in everyday life
- Science for Peace and Development
- Biodiversity, Natural Heritage and Wildlife
- Water and Life
- Climate Change
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The four winning entries will have the honor of being displayed at the UNESCO New Delhi office’s new premises in the diplomatic area, New Delhi.
- 1st Prize –US$ 500
- 2nd Prize –US$ 300
- 3rd Prize –US$ 200
- Special Prize – US$ 200 for the most popular photo on social media
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Originality: Use your imagination and create something unique and memorable
- Effectiveness: Ability of the Entry to effectively convey the message
- Quality: Composition and aesthetics of the photo submitted
- The contest is open to nationals of all six UNESCO New Delhi Cluster countries (mentioned below)
- Photos must be taken by the entrant himself or herself. Photos can be colour-corrected or have filters applied, but should not be digitally manipulated in terms of content and context.
- UNESCO staff and their family members are not eligible to participate in the photo contest.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Photographs must be submitted under the chosen category(s), with your name and residing country along with a short description of the photo in not more than 30 words, latest by 31 August 2016. Please mail your entries to: [email protected]
- To participate and win the special prize for the most popular photo on social media:
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/unesconewdelhi/ or follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/UNESCO_NDL
- Upload your photo on Facebook or twitter with the hashtag #Science4Sustainability #UNESCONewDelhi. Please make sure that the post is public. The photo with maximum likes and shares either on Facebook or with maximum retweets on twitter shall win this prize.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka
For more information, please visit UNESCO Photo Contest.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.