Deadline: 9 September 2016
The Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity, an annual international humanitarian award, is seeking personal stories of individuals who have put themselves at personal risk for the sake of others. The second annual Aurora Prize will be presented on April 24, 2017, in Yerevan, Armenia.
The Aurora Prize is the philanthropic vision of its founders and co-founders, seeking to express gratitude and memorialize those whose heroic actions saved lives during the Armenian Genocide more than one hundred years ago. Continuing the cycle of giving, the Aurora Prize carries forward that legacy of gratitude.
The Aurora Prize Laureate is honored with a US $100,000 grant and has the unique opportunity to continue the cycle of giving by nominating organizations that inspired their work to receive a US $1,000,000 award.
The Nominees may be individuals or groups of people from anywhere in the world, as long as they meet the following requirements:
- They are alive (the Aurora Prize is not given posthumously)
- They are not an individual or organization that is involved in any terrorist / extremist activity or hold and / or publicly declare any extremist views. They have never undertaken or participated in inhumane activities (including acts of war, genocide, any terrorist / extremist activity), do not hold and / or publicly declare any extremist views, have never been found guilty of committing violent crimes;
- They do not negate crimes committed against humanity through the history of mankind (including the Holocaust, the Armenian Genocide and other massacres);
- They have not been awarded the Aurora Prize before as a Prize Laureate;
- They, when being a group of people, are not a formally established organization of any legal nature.
- They are an officer or employee or otherwise receive remuneration for their services from any party affiliated with the Aurora Prize (e.g., Secretariat, Selection Committee, Independent Observer, 100 LIVES Foundation, etc.).
An individual or a group of people may be nominated by any individual or organization with consideration of the following requirements, designed to maintain the integrity of the selection process and prevent any possible conflicts of interest:
- Self-nominations are not permitted;
- The Nominator must provide full name and contact details. Anonymous nominations are not accepted.
How to Apply
Applications are required to submit the duly filled nomination form in order to apply.
For more information, please visit Aurora Prize.