Deadline: 8 December 2016
Applications are invited for the 2017 8th Annual G(irls)20 Summit to be held in Germany next June with an aim to bring together one delegate from each G20 country, plus a representative from the European and African Unions, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the MENA region.
During the Summit, delegates attend skills building workshops (entrepreneurship, financial preparedness, communications, digital literacy, leadership, etc.) participate in panel discussion with local and global experts, and then produce a communique with tangible, scalable solutions towards increase FLFP. The communiqué is presented to G20 Leaders for their consideration.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to Germany;
- Accommodations while in Germany (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in Germany.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female, between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit)
- Will provide consent to appear in any and all media
- Will commit to launching a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community
- Lives in and holds citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region
- Is proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications
- Has parental or guardian permission to travel to Germany and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school)
- Has an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women
- Has or can obtain a valid passport and visa for travel no later than February 28, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply in following step:
- Instructions and Checklist: Review this to ensure that you have all the necessary documentation prepared when you start your application.
- Delegate Application: The delegate application questionnaire has 11 questions that must be fully answered in order for the application to be considered.
- Reference Form: To be completed by school official, NGO sponsor or community organization who has known the applicant for at least 1 year. (No relatives.)
- Commitment Form: Review and sign the Delegate Commitment Form before you apply to represent your country at the 2017 G(irls)20 Summit.
- G20 Countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States
- African Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- EU Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France,Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK
- MENA Region: Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen.
- Others: Afghanistan, Pakistan
For more information, visit http://www.girls20.org/2017-germany-summit/