Deadline: 18 August 2016
The Embassy of the United States of America in Paraguay’s Public Diplomacy (PD) section is pleased to announce a funding program entitled “Breaking the Cycle – Girl’s and Women’s Empowerment” with an aim to build an active, broad-based constituency capable of addressing and decreasing cases of gender-based violence and, at the same time, helping Paraguayan girls and women become economically independent and stronger advocates for their rights.
As part of this project, U.S. Embassy Asuncion seeks a partner organization that can facilitate as series of workshops to train girls and young women how to advocate increased rights and opportunity within their communities as a means of combating gender-based violence.
- Increase awareness on gender-based violence via public information campaigns.
- Empower a new generation of young women to advocate for equal rights and opportunity and greater accountability on gender-based violence.
- Establishment of a sustained partnership with an American NGO and/or U.S. experts with a proven track record of implementing programs involving the empowerment of girls between the ages of 5 – 11and young women between the ages of 12 – 17as well as raising awareness to address and combat gender-based violence.
- Establish an active network of young women who are trained in how to advocate for greater transparency and accountability on gender-based violence.
- The approximate total funding is $ 96,000.
- The initial period of performance will be for 19 months – from September 2016 to March31, 2018.
- Outreach to regional schools and social institutions to assess interest in participation.
- Coordinating the participation of various networks of volunteers (Peace Corps, US exchange program alumni) who can serve as facilitators and recruiters of qualified participants.
- Development and implementation of a series of workshops to help young women between the ages of 12-17 and women between the ages of 18-25work within their communities to raise awareness to address and respond to gender-based violence and lobby for change.
- Create a sustainable network of program participants that can also tap into the support of local NGOs.
- Foreign not-for-profit NGOs and social enterprises, educational and research institutions.
- All submissions must be in English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may request for application packages via given website.
For more information, please visit grants.gov.