Deadline: 18 July 2016
The Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES) is seeking applications from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Cleaner Production and Private Sector Partnerships”.
The goal of this program is to promote MSMEs’ adoption of cleaner production (CP) practices and technologies by supporting partnerships between universities, MSMEs, and cleaner production centers, resulting in the adoption of measurable cleaner production practices by MSMEs, while enhancing training opportunities for students.
- OES has funding available for one award of up to $300,000 USD.
- The initial period of performance will be 18-24 months.
- Specific results for both programs will vary depending upon the strategy and activities set out in the eventual cooperative agreement, but could include:
- Expanded application of Cleaner Production and Energy Efficiency (CPEE) plans and technologies among MSMEs, particularly micro and small enterprises;
- A measurable increase in resource efficiency in the private sector and a reduced consumption of materials, energy and water in participating MSMEs;
- A measureable decrease in emissions or releases of pollutants from participating MSMEs;
- An increase in the numbers of students enrolled in university classes that use curriculums supporting cleaner production and energy efficiency;
- An increase in the numbers of students and women participating in cleaner production internships or training opportunities at local MSMEs;
- A self-sustaining network for women, students, and universities participating in the program to share best practices after project completion; and
- An increase in the number of actors (e.g.: cleaner production centers, the hotel industry, universities, etc.) participating in self-sustaining cleaner production partnerships that yield measurable results.
- Eligibility for this award is limited to non-profit/nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) subject to section 501 (c) (3) of the U. S. tax code, low-profit limited liability companies (L3Cs), foreign not-forprofit organizations, educational institutions, and foreign public entities (public international organizations).
- The NOFO Recipient (Grantee) must have previous experience implementing cleaner production programs as well as physical presence in one or more of the CAFTA-DR U.S. partner countries and/or Panama.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Cleaner Production and Private Sector Partnerships.