Deadline: 21 February 2017
The Energy Access work stream of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership is currently inviting Young Leaders from Africa and Europe to apply for its Young Leaders in Energy Access Award.
- Up to five Young Leaders in the field of energy access will be invited to the ARE Energy Access Investment Forum held on March 22-23 in Lisbon, Portugal with all expenses covered.
- The Young Leaders will get the opportunity to share their ideas and recommendations to improve energy access in Africa with a wide group of energy experts and high-level stakeholders, including the European Commission, the African Union Commission, the UN and the World Bank through a communiqué written on site!
- The Young Leaders will also have the chance to broaden their knowledge of business opportunities for clean energy access and will receive a trophy acknowledging their contribution to bring sustainable energy access to Africa.
- Applicants are between 21 – 35 years old
- Applicants have a European or African nationality
- Applicants are an advocate for energy access in their community or at applicant’s institution, who works to bring sustainable energy access to communities in Africa.
Criteria for Selection & How to Apply
- A short essay (max. 400 words) on what makes applicants a young leader on energy access in Africa, why applicants are passionate about clean energy access and what applicants have done to contribute to SDG7.
- Examples or evidence of applicant’s work that best demonstrates their passion to bring clean energy access to African communities, particularly through productive use, (links to projects, articles, photos, blogs, videos, etc.) and to attend the ARE Energy Access Investment Forum in Lisbon.
- What applicants would like to tell the leaders of today about energy access: please provide with one recommendation (max. 100 words) that applicants would pass on to the leaders of the energy sector to address the main barriers and improve energy access in Africa.
- Applicant’s CV with references
- Note: Accept applications in French, the Forum and award ceremony will be conducted in English. Therefore, a working-level of English is required to participate.
Applicants can send their applications at the address given on the website.
- African Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- European Countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK), Vatican City (Holy See).
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.