Deadline: 30 August 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for North Pacific Development Fund (NPDF) which enables the New Zealand Embassy in Honolulu to supports small scale, short-term community projects that contribute to wider community well-being.
It enables the New Zealand Embassy in Honolulu to support activities that contribute to economic development in the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of Palau and the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
The maximum grant for a single activity is NZ$75,000.
No individual project will be supported for longer than two years. Supporting different projects by the same partner over a longer duration is possible.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Priority will be given to activities or projects:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- That enhance gender equality and increase the equitable participation of women in development
- That target assistance to the disadvantaged which may include people with disabilities, ethnic minorities, young people and communities in remote areas who have not otherwise received assistance
- Where the applicants are making a significant contribution themselves in labour, transport, materials, and/or cash
- That encourage and facilitate self-help through active participation of beneficiaries in the identification, design and implementation of the project
- Have clearly stated objectives and a sound implementation plan
- That employ sound environment and ecological practices; and
- That have high development impacts in proportion to costs
The Fund is aimed primarily at community groups and NGOs but other types of organisations e.g. schools, business associations may apply. The Fund does not support individual businesses.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
What Will Not Be Funded
- Political, religious or evangelical activities N.B. faith-based groups are not excluded where the proposed project is consistent with the purpose of the Fund, does not exclude followers of other religions, and the funds are not used to support proselytising
- site visits
- unsolicited donations
- individual student scholarships
- international airfares/overseas conference attendance
- on-going (recurrent) funding of recipients’ operational/organisational costs such as wages and salaries, office items and communications
In addition, applications for the following activities will not be considered:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Motor vehicles, televisions, international travel, animals or other goods/services commonly subject to theft, misuse, conversion, disease or damage
- For profit business enterprises under the control of individuals
- Cultural or sporting activities unless the community involved is particularly disadvantaged
How to Apply
All applications should be:
- Clearly written on the form provided.
- Supported by invoices/purchase orders from suppliers of goods and services to the activity where relevant;
- Signed by a responsible member of the applying organisation; and sent at the postal address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/2LbghkY