Deadline: 9 June 2019
The five pillars of CARSI are:
- Create safe streets for the citizens of the region
- Disrupt the movement of criminals and contraband within and among the nations of Central America
- Support the development of strong, capable and accountable Central American Governments
- Re-establish effective state presence and security in communities at risk
- Foster enhanced levels of security and rule of law coordination and cooperation among the nations of the region.
The funds supporting this NOFO will focus on:
- Supporting the development of strong, capable, and accountable Central American governments; and
- Central American civil society demanding government accountability without reprisal of their rights and are able to influence policy outcomes.
Host nation governments uphold the values and practices of liberal democracy; citizens hold their governments accountable for these actions.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Civil society provides support to improve basic local, municipal, or central government services. Proposals should be oriented toward activities by civil society organizations working to improve, expand or complement the delivery of government services, particularly to vulnerable and/or marginalized communities and in areas outside of the Central Valley but within Costa Rica in an effort to help create strong, capable, and accountable governments.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $750,000
- Award Ceiling: $250,000
- Award Floor: $100,000
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Applicants that are eligible to apply are U.S. non-profit/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS or non U.S.-based NGOs, and U.S. and non U.S.-based public and private institutions of higher education that are able to respond to the NOFO and be able to mobilize in a short period of time.
- Must be registered in the country of operation.
- To be eligible for a grant award, in addition to other conditions of this NOFO, organizations must have a commitment to non‐discrimination with respect to beneficiaries and adherence to equal opportunity employment practices.
- Non‐discrimination includes equal treatment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, and political affiliation.
- Applicants are reminded that U.S. Executive Orders and U.S. law prohibits transactions with, and the provision of resources and support to, individuals and organizations associated with terrorism. It is the legal responsibility of the recipient to ensure compliance with these Executive Orders and laws.
- This provision must be included in any sub‐awards issued under this grant award.
- U.S. Embassy San Jose encourages applications from potential new partners.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314647