Deadline: 23 January 2017
Council on Australia Latin America Relations (COALAR) Board has launched a Young Entrepreneur Award to encourage and create an incentive for young, creative and motivated entrepreneurs to deepen Australia Latin America relations.
The Award aims to inspire those with existing links to expand their operations, and those without ties to instigate a project or other activity.
The Australia – Latin America Young Entrepreneur Award will consist of two annual awards – one to a young Australian and one to a young Latin American entrepreneur.
The Council on Australia Latin America Relation’s mission is to enhance Australia’s economic, political and social relations with Latin America.
- The awards will comprise a cash prize of $5,000 each plus travel and accommodation expenses to a location in Australia to receive their award and have their entrepreneurial achievement profiled.
- The Australian Technology Network is sponsoring the $5,000 cash prize for each of the successful candidates (an annual contribution of $10,000 for the next three years).
- Air New Zealand is providing the return flights to the location/event in Australia where the awards will be conferred in 2017.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- demonstrate they have built or contributed to building an organization that enriches the relationship between Latin America and Australia;
- have created products or delivered services that improve the lives of Australians and Latin Americans or that add to our shared cultural, economic, environmental, technological or academic prosperity;
- be Australian or Latin American (please note: priority will be given to Australian and Latin American nationals but consideration will also be given to applicants who can demonstrate strong and significant personal or cultural connection to either place);
- be under the age of 40;
- be endorsed by two of their peers (i.e. work colleagues or associates who can endorse the applicants’ claims); and
- consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information in so far as it pertains to the award for promotion and publicity purposes.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, Cuba, Ecuador, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Haiti and Australia
For more information, please visit Australia – Latin America Young Entrepreneur Award.