The Commonwealth Local Government Good Practice Scheme (CLGF) works to promote and strengthen effective democratic local government throughout the Commonwealth and to facilitate the exchange of good practice in local government structures and services.
As a Commonwealth organisation, CLGF draws on the influential network of the Commonwealth that provides a solid basis for its programmes and activities. As an associated organisation officially recognised by Commonwealth Heads of Government, CLGF is well-placed to influence policy development and lead on democracy and good governance at local level.
- South Africa (local economic development)
- India (governance and service delivery)
- Ghana (local economic development)
- Jamaica (strategic planning for service delivery)
- Sierra Leone (service delivery)
- Pakistan (strengthening governance)
Focus Countries: Ghana, India, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, and South Africa
- Promoting democratic values and good governance
- Strengthening local government capacity
- Exchange of experience among local government practitioners
- Maintaining a commonwealth-wide network of local government
- Practitioners Database
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/international-development-funding/commonwealth-local-government-good-practice-scheme.