Deadline: 12 July 2019
Council of Europe has announced a World Forum for Democracy 2019 – Youth Delegation which is a unique platform for political decision-makers and activists to debate solutions to key challenges for democracies worldwide. By identifying and analysing experimental initiatives and practices, the Forum highlights and encourages democracy innovations at the grassroots and their transfer on a systemic level in order to strengthen the foundations of democratic societies. The Forum thus contributes to the evolution of democracy towards more participatory and inclusive structures and institutions.
“Democracy and information” is the theme of the World Forum for Democracy in 2019 with two main threads:
- Democracy dies in darkness: are we getting the information we need?
- Information and the Future: lost in space or masters of our own fate?
All selected participants should arrive on Sunday 3rd November and depart on Saturday 9th November. The youth preparation meeting will take place for all participants on Monday 4 th and Tuesday 5th November in the European Youth Centre before the World Forum begins on 6th of November 2019.
- In order to be selected and participate in the World Forum 2019, youth applicants should:
- Be aged 18-30 (exceptions can be made in special cases);
- Be able to communicate and work in English;
- Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives;
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy;
- Be ready to share own challenges faced in relation to media, fake news, information and its effects on democracy;
- Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of media, fake news, information and democracy;
- Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the preparation process beforehand.
- The youth representatives will be chosen on the basis of these criteria and a video to be submitted. The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all candidates who fulfil the profile, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
- A few limited places will allow for participants from the previous editions of the World Forum to participate.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.coe.int/en/web/youth/calls-for-participants/-/asset_publisher/4fpQap76X0K5/content/call-for-applications-world-forum-for-democracy-2019-youth-delegation