Deadline: 18 May 2016
International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is currently accepting applications for the IDRC DoctoralResearch Awards 2016, to promote the growth of Canadian and developing country capacity in research to improve the lives of people in the developing world.
- Agriculture and Environment
- Inclusive Economies
- Technology and Innovation
- Award Information
- The award will cover justifiable field research expenses up to CA$20,000.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of a developing country.
- Be enrolled at a Canadian university at the doctoral level (when you submit your application, you must have completed several courses of the doctoral program but not necessarily all the courses).
- Have research proposal must be approved by your thesis supervisor.
- Have proposed field research must take place in one or more developing countries and be conducted for a doctoral dissertation.
- Provide evidence of affiliation with an institution or organization in the developing region(s) in which the research will take place.
- Have completed coursework and passed comprehensive exams before taking up the award.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Research Awards.