Deadline: 26 January 2017
Euro-Mediterranean Foundation of Support to Human Rights Defenders (EMHRF) is accepting applications for its Standard Intervention Grant Program with an aim to support small human rights organizations, groups and defenders by reinforcing their operations and human capacities in order to enable them to create structures or implement innovative activities effectively in the region.
The EMHRF supports defenders wishing to carry out and develop projects dealing with priority thematic areas within the regional context and targeting groups that could be seen as being especially vulnerable or requiring special assistance.
- Economic, social and cultural rights
- Empowerment of women
- Empowerment of young people
- Protection of minorities and refugees
- Fight against impunity
- Rehabilitation and reintegration, etc.
- The amount of funding requested may not exceed € 40,000. It usually falls between € 5,000 and € 30,000.
- The maximum duration of support is 12-18 months.
The Foundation aims at providing financial support to regional, national and local human rights NGOs and institutes as well as individuals who promote, support, protect and monitor the observance of human rights in the South-Mediterranean region.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Syria, and Palestine.
For more information, please visit EMHRF Standard Grant.