Deadline: 30 November 2018
Entries are invited for the 2019 Ockenden International Prizes for successful self-reliance Refugee Projects.
Ockenden International has launched its seventh annual quest to find and reward the most effective self-reliance projects for refugees and internally displaced people.
Prizes criteria include projects providing education, legal assistance, livelihood assistance and any other highly effective programmes that help refugees and/or displaced people build stable, independent lives.
- The GBP100,000 prize will be shared equally by four winners who will each receive GBP25,000 to extend their endeavours.
- The cash prizes recognize and reward innovative work that promotes self-reliance among refugees and/or internally displaced people (IDPs) anywhere in the world – a distinguishing feature of Ockenden International since its inception in 1951.
- Submissions for the £25,000 prizes are sought from non-profit organisations, which can also elect to nominate a project by a non-profit partner or affiliated organisation.
- There are no geographical limits on the locations of submitted projects, which can also be led by – or have a high level of participation from – displaced people themselves.
- Organisations may submit one entry only in each prize year. Unsuccessful organisations are welcome to reapply in future years.
The judges will, in particular, look for:
- Projects that promote self-reliance among refugees and/or displaced people. These may be projects that are led by or have a high level of participation from displaced people themselves; projects providing education, legal assistance, livelihood assistance; and any other programmes that help refugees and/or displaced people build stable, independent lives.
- Projects that have proved to be highly effective in improving the lives of refugees and/or displaced people.
- Projects that have led to real change in the lives of refugees and/or displaced people.
- Effective initiatives, with measureable evidence of outcomes.
How to Apply
All entries should be made online in English via given website.
For more information, please visit 2019 Ockenden International Prizes.