Deadline: 15 October 2018
Embracing Our Differences is inviting applicants to participate in creating a world where differences are embraced and individuality is celebrated.
Art is a powerful tool to evoke social change. Without uttering a single word, artists can enlighten, educate and affect change around the world.
The exhibit will be displayed January 19 through March 15, 2019 at Bayfront Park in downtown Sarasota, Florida, USA.
Final selections will be chosen based on artistic excellence and originality in the reflection of their theme “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.” This may include, by way of suggestion only, any one or more of the following: appearance; racial differences; physical or mental impairment; language, religious or cultural differences; environmental stewardship; social economic status; sexual orientation or identity; gender identity, positive attitude; inclusiveness; acceptance; taunting, bullying and confrontation; human rights and equality; understanding and kindness; empowerment or any other topic which applicant believe furthers their theme of “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.”
A total of $3,000 (US) will be presented in the form of three separate awards – $1,000 each for “Best-in-Show Adult;” “Best-in-Show Student;” and the “People’s Choice.” Both “Best-in-Show” awards will be granted by a three-judge panel of art professionals. The “People’s Choice” award will be determined by visitors to the exhibit.
- Artists, professionals, amateurs, students – everyone can participate. National and international submissions are encouraged.
- There is no submission or entry fee and there is no limit on the number of submissions.
- There is no restriction on entering art which has been submitted to previous competitions.
- Applicants may not submit art or quotations to annual competitions through this website or any related website unless applicant are 13 years old or over.
All submissions must be an original concept and execution and not a copy or reproduction of the work of another. Final selections for inclusion in the exhibit will be made by a three-judge panel of professional artists, curators and art professionals based on artistic excellence and originality in reflection of their theme “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.” Judges will also consider:
- How effective the art will read when enlarged to billboard size (16 feet (4.9 m) wide by 12.5 feet (3.8 m) high) and displayed outdoors.
- Is the theme clear and easily understood?
- Does the art explore the theme in an unusual or previously unexplored manner?
- Will the art and its message prompt discussion?
How to Apply
Interested applicants may submit their artworks via mail or through an online application system.
For more information, please visit Embracing Our Differences.