Deadline: 10 March 2017
Do you now someone using innovative agricultural practices to support biodiversity? If yes, then Solution Search contest is open for entries!
Rare and IFOAM-Organics are inviting applicants for its “Solution Search: Farming for Biodiversity “contest with an aim to increase awareness of biodiversity, its value and the many ways to conserve and sustainability use/manage it.
This Solution Search focuses on behavior changes in agriculture that are primed for broad adoption, not simply those concepts identified in a scientific lab nor those that do not have holistic benefits (farmer, community, nature, water, climate resilience, etc.).
- Grand Prize: $30,000
- Category Prizes: $15,000
- Finalists: Trip to Workshop and Awards Ceremony
- Early Entrant Prize: $5,000
- Solution Search is open to all organizations who have a proven solution in biodiversity-friendly agricultural practices.
- Entrants are required to comply with any and all international, national, regional, or local laws or regulations, of any kind, that pertain to or govern any activities conducted by the team in connection with the competition.
- The entrant agrees to comply with all national and international laws governing the transfer of any prizes, monetary or otherwise, across national and international boundaries.
All entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Context Analysis: Clear description of the challenges and of the context in which it operates and the challenges it faces.
- Solution: Solution is fully developed, addresses contest question and implemented at some scale.
- Actions: Clear, concrete steps in implementation. Engaged key partners and stakeholders along the way. Entrant understands how actions could connect to external initiatives as well.
- Results: Strong results associated with biodiversity conservation and of other co-benefits, such as economic, food security/nutrition, water, and/or climate.
- Sustainability: Economically sustainable solution
- Return on investment: Positive return (financial, social, or other) associated with investment in the solution
- Replicability: Extent to which the solution is could be replicated by other communities
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Solution Search.